Sunday, June 10, 2012

Blog Sharing for Leaders


There are a multitude of ways that blogging can be beneficial in the educational setting.  This is especially important because blogging is a form of reflection that is important to the action research process.  While administrators may use blogging as an open forum for communication between teachers and themselves, it is also becoming a useful tool in the classroom.

This year I had the opportunity to use the educational blogging site, Edmodo, as a classroom tool.  We used it weekly to answer questions and reflect on a novel we were reading in class.  I also used it at the end of the year as an open forum for students to discuss and reflect on their experience in my class.  I was able to get valuable student feedback that will be helpful in creating lessons for student-centered learning.

I will also be using Edmodo this summer as part of a book study at my campus.  We are reading chapters weekly and reflecting on our reading through the blog.  This is very beneficial as it is always difficult to get teachers together during the summer due to schedules.  With Edmodo we can blog to communicate at our leisure and it can be done from anywhere. 

I feel that blogging will continue to be a valuable resource for administrators, teachers and students.  It will be exciting to see new ways it will be used in the future as an educational resource.

1 comment:

  1. I recently found out about Edmodo. I plan on using this tool in my classroom this coming year. I will have to play around with it, but I am sure it will be a great resource.

    I love the idea of using Edmodo as a resource for a book study for teachers. I will have to keep this in mind and possibly use this with the teachers I work with.

    ReplyDelete